Middletown Youth Baseball & Softball Scholarship Program
Middletown Youth Baseball & Softball firmly believes that each child who wishes to play baseball or softball should be entitled to do so regardless of skill, gender, or financial circumstances. MYBBSB offers scholarships for players where the registration fees would pose a hardship for the family and will make every effort possible to provide that opportunity.
MYBBSB Scholarship Program
MYBBSB has a limited amount of scholarships available to aid parents/guardians who need assistance with registration fees. MYBBSB has scholarships available that cover the following:
Those seeking a scholarship must explain the nature of the hardship and/or provide documentation supporting the request. The Scholarship Application Form must be completed in its entirety and your submission must include:
- A detailed explanation of the financial hardship.
- Supporting documentation. A copy of the Middletown Public Schools Child Nutrition Programs’ Application is an acceptable document.
- Completed Registration(s) within MYBBSB.
- Completed Little League Volunteer Application.
- All requested contact information.
All information will be kept in the strictest confidentiality. Contact the President of MYBBSB with any questions or concerns at
Middletown Youth Baseball & Softball
PO Box 1491
Middletown, CT 06457
- Register as a Volunteer and complete the online Background Questionairre (it will be emailed to you when you register as Volunteer).
Terms and Conditions
All forms and documents must be submitted no later than 15 days prior to Registration close. Acceptance of late submissions is contingent upon any available remaining monies.
If a scholarship request is approved, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- The scholarship only covers the registration fees for one season – in all or in part.
- Any remaining fees must be paid in full prior to team placement.
- The parent or guardian agrees to “re-pay” MYBBSB through volunteering or fundraising at MYBBSB functions or activities (for example: selling candy or t-shirts, working the concession stand, helping with opening day, etc.)